Trekker - Tahiti And French
The 118 islands of French Polynesia are specks in the vast Pacific Ocean. Explorers
and pirates came here looking for treasure, but found white sand, palm trees
and hula girls. A mix of French culture and Pacific charm, French
Polynesia is one of the world's dream tourist destinations.
Traveller Ian Wright starts his
journey on the legendary island of Bora Bora
before flying to Tahiti.
From there he heads to the remote outer islands of Tubuai and Rangiroa and then west to independent Samoa. After a stopover in
Moorea he ends his journey back in
Tahiti at the top of Mount Aorai.
Along the way...
- Judge the Mr. Tahiti contest
- Take part in a Tahitian wedding
- Swim with stingrays in Bora
- Reenact Mutiny on the Bounty on Tubuai Island
- Visit Robert Louis Stevenson's home in Samoa,
the inspiration for his famous Treasure Island